I enjoy connecting good people to good products – ones that help us create fulfilling lives.
Every time I find a match which makes a difference I get a good feeling. I like making a difference.
I suspect you share that desire with me. Otherwise, why are you reading this?
Cool. I thought so.
How Can I Help?
Well, I’m a data guy. I was raised and trained in data. I spent most of my career building data solutions. And I experienced how data solved problems and made life better.
Data gives me the picture, makes the story real, and provides the map to lead the way. My degree from the University of Toronto taught me to see data.
Yet, at my core, I’m a writer. Writing gets ideas out of my head so that others can consider them. Writing came easy. Writing well took training. UCLA, AWAI, and copyblogger taught me story, narrative, and persuasion.
When we put those skills together your customer gets the emotional appeal to connect to your product and the data he or she needs to support their decision.
How I Have Helped Others
In the last 20 years, I’ve helped many decision makers.
- For banking executives, I wrote white papers, case studies, SWOT analytics, and executive summaries.
- For a fast-growing pharmacy chain, I wrote in-depth analysis, stakeholder briefings, information specifications, training material, and project directives.
- For a large Big-Box retailer, I developed roadmaps to carry out Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation.
- For a Canadian provincial government, I wrote briefing notes on their decisions to convert applications from paper to the web.
- For a major film
studioI created an Azure platform to help them read data stories from their own systems. Now they can enjoy better predictive analysis.
Together these skills help me build bridges between consumers who know what they like, business leaders with the vision to deliver, and technical folks who are able to build it.
To get there I create:
- content solutions to take you where you want to go
- executive summaries to let your data show you if you’re getting there
- briefing notes to point out gains and potential losses along the way
- case studies to help your customers see you’ve helped others with the same problem
- white papers to survey the landscape and point out the decisions required for success
- email auto-responders to answer the common questions and present new options
- sales and service videos to make things easier on the journey
- architectural guides for you to show your customers the big picture
- training materials so your staff and your customers become colleagues that matter to each other
Did Anyone Value My Help?
In my career I’ve received a few awards. But there are two that stand out for me.
- The Always On Award for my skill in data integration. I grew into the ‘go-to’ guy to help bring 11 banking mergers and acquisitions on-board.
- The UN Environmental Award for Ontario’s Blue Box Program. As part of the winning team, I created annual reports, briefings, decision papers, newsletters, and key membership communications.
Let Me Help You
Data made me passionate to find the truth. It gives me the picture and the inspiration to make the story real. It shows the map to find our way.
So my biggest bet? That you and I share the wish to show folks new ideas, products, and services because we appreciate the impact of providing the right solution to the right person.
If you’re like me then I will bet we can both agree that life is best spent saying yes. Yes to an idea, yes to something new, yes to trying a different approach, and yes to letting creativity solve hard technical problems. Yesses happen because of words, ones that persuade us to take a chance.
Copywriting helps us take a chance on the power of yes.
We take the chance on yes because we are, to some degree, gamblers.
“Yes” can catapult us beyond our expectations or force us to start again. We take the chance because we’re adults and we’re not scared of the dark anymore. And it’s fun to win.