Our Adventures Start When We take a chance On yes
Good copy assets help us take a chance on the power of yes.
I’m a copywriter who believes we have a role in helping the world change.
We all see that change is difficult, met with fear, and resisted vigorously. Still, it is both inevitable and necessary for us to grow and improve.
I use my data skills to calm the fears that a lack of information feeds - to prove claims and reduce risk.
I write persuasive conversational copy to build trust, welcome change, and become more than we were before.
For me, life is best spent saying yes.
- Yes to an idea,
- yes to something new,
- yes to trying a different approach, and
- yes to letting creativity solve hard technical problems.
When we fear saying yes we need a friend's support to make the change.
So, How Do I Put this into Practice?
I create assets. Lots of them. In the last 20 years, I’ve helped many decision-makers grapple with change.
- For banking executives, I wrote white papers, case studies, SWOT analysis, and executive summaries.
- For a fast-growing pharmacy chain, I wrote in-depth analysis, stakeholder briefings, information specifications, training material and project directives.
- For a large Big-Box retailer, I developed roadmaps to adopt Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation.
- For a Canadian provincial government, I wrote briefings and specifications to help them convert applications from paper to the web.
- For a major film studio, I created an Azure platform to help them read data stories from their systems to support their predictive analysis.
How Have These Assets Helped?
They are bridges between consumers who want to end a problem, business leaders with the vision to deliver solutions, and technical folks who can make it all happen.
To build bridges, I create:
- White Papers - to clarify problems
- Case studies - to reveal solutions
- Sales Letters - to connect solutions
- Email - to build conversations
- Videos - to capture attention
Did Anyone Value My Help?
In my career, I’ve received a few awards. But there are two that stand out for me.
The Always On Award
for my skill in data integration. I grew into the ‘go-to’ guy to help bring 11 banking mergers and acquisitions on-board. My take-away? I became very fast at doing solid and deep research and accurately reporting my analysis in formats that a variety of people could understand.
The UN Environmental Award
for Ontario’s Blue Box Program. As part of the winning team, I created annual reports, briefings, decision papers, newsletters, and critical membership communications to bring recycling to Canada
Let Me Help You
For me, life is best spent saying yes. Yes to an idea, yes to something new, yes to trying a different approach, and yes to letting creativity solve hard technical problems. Yes happens because of words, ones that persuade us to take a chance.
Copywriting helps us take a chance on the power of yes.